- Please check the availability of your desired dates.
- Email [email protected] with your preferred dates.
- We will contact you to confirm the availability of your chosen dates and to provide you with details for payment, which can be made by cheque, bank transfer or Paypal.
- You will be required to pay a deposit of 20% with the full balance due 4 weeks before your date of arrival.
- On receipt of payment your booking will be confirmed.
At McKenzie Cottage we respect your privacy, and aim to comply with the latest data protection regulations. This policy explains how we collect and handle data relating to website visitors. Please note that this policy may be altered in the future. It was last updated on February 2019.
Who collects the information?
Morag Paton collects the data and is the person responsible for handling data. Morag can be contacted via email at [email protected], or by by mobile: 07816 525169
How do we collect information?
Information can be collected in if you email us or if you contact us via our enquiry form.
Anonymous data (relating to your computer, not to you personally) can also be collected whenever someone merely visits one of our web pages (this involves cookies – see below).
What information is collected?
For enquiries and/or bookings we will only collect the minimum information required for the purposes of being able to contact you and make an accurate record of the booking and process any payments relating to it.
The anonymous data relating to website traffic is limited to details of the device or connection being used to access our website (including the IP address of your computer, the country the connection is made from, the browser, etc.) and a record of the pages visited, plus the time spent on each page.
How is your data used?
When you contact us or make a booking, your data is only used for the corresponding purposes. We will not pass your contact details and other personal data to a third party.
Some data will also be used for internal record keeping (e.g. for the accounts that we are legally obliged to maintain), and to help us assess how to improve the services that we offer.
Anonymous data collected from cookies is used purely to compile statistics regarding the website traffic so that we can judge how well the website is performing.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. Personal information will only be given to a third party when we are legally obliged to do so.
Anonymous data derived from cookies may be shared with third parties, but only for technical purposes, not marketing ones.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important. If you change your email address, or if you believe any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: [email protected] Alternatively, you can telephone 07816 525169. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, and this will be sent to you in electronic format free of charge.
Your right to be forgotten
Data will only be stored for as long as it is needed; e.g. we may need to verify a discount for previous guest. Unnecessary data will be erased.
The security of your information
When details such as your name and email address are submitted via a contact form or email, this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
We provide an online service that allows you to pay for your booking using your credit card details or debit card details. We do not store or process credit card details or debit card details on any of our systems; instead we use PayPal, which is a secure online payment gateway to process credit card payments and debit card payments on our behalf.
If we hold records of your personal data and we become aware of a data breach, we will endeavour to inform you of this within 72 hours.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. You should note that we do not have any control over those websites, and so cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting them.
Users under 18 years of age
Any user under 18 years of age must have their parents’/guardians’ consent to use our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
A cookie is a small file sent to your computer’s hard drive by a web page that you visit. Cookies allow web applications to recognise your device (not you personally) as you move from one page on the site to another, or if you revisit the site within a certain period of time. If you express a preference on a web page, for instance, that preference can then be recalled in the future. A cookie in no way gives us access to other files on your computer or to any other of your device’s functions.
We use traffic log cookies to compile statistics about the popularity of pages on our site and about how people have arrived here. This helps us improve our website. We only use this information for statistical purposes.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, however, you can usually modify your browser settings to decline or block cookies if you prefer.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that some functions of the website might become inoperable.
Acceptance of these terms
Conditions of let
Once a booking has been confirmed, a Contract has been entered into. The person who makes the booking agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following conditions of let are adhered to by all members of the party.
- Guests agree to limit the number of people occupying McKenzie Cottage to 4, unless by prior consent with the owner.
- Guests agree to pay 20% deposit on booking, with the balance payable 4 weeks before the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than 4 weeks before the start of the holiday please send or otherwise arrange to pay the full rent at the time of booking, having first checked that the property can be reserved for you. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges by the due date (28 days prior to arrival), will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-booking.
- Guests agree to accept that a completed booking form agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.
- Guests agree to notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due. If the accommodation is re-let at the full rate, a full refund, less an administration fee of £25 per week, will be made. If at a lesser rate a partial refund will be made. If not re-let then no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we recommend Cancellation Insurance.
- Guests agree to accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
- No pets are allowed in McKenzie Cottage. Guests must agree not to bring pets.
- Guests agree to accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- Guests agree to use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or unreasonable behaviour may result in the owners’ asking guests to leave.
- Guests agree to allow the owners access to the property at all reasonable times.
- Guests agree to be responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows and securing the property when absent.
- Guests agree to respect and look after their accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. Also to take responsibility for minimising the fire risk.
- Guests agree to reimburse the owner for any breakages, loss or damage, other than those due to fair wear and tear. Also to accept the owner’s discretionary £25 charge for extra cleaning if the property has been left in an untidy mess.
- Guests agree not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons without the owners’ permission.
- Guests agree to vacate the property by 10.00 hrs latest on the final day of let, unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Failure to vacate promptly may incur a minimum penalty charge of £10, or more, depending on the degree of inconvenience to owners/incoming guests. Guest arrival time is from 15.00 hrs. onwards.
- While we hope that you have a trouble free holiday, in the event of a problem you must notify the owner immediately. We will do our best to rectify any complaint as soon as possible, in order that you can enjoy the rest of your holiday. We cannot recompense you if we are not made aware of any problem at the time. Should you continue to be dissatisfied you must write to us confirming the complaint within seven days of the end of your holiday.
- Under no circumstances is smoking allowed inside the cottage.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to hire the Cottage.
- The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.